There are a lot of reasons why gums recede and it can become quite a health problem if this happens. If you are experiencing receding gums then you have found a great article to read. In this article, you will find 4 of the best home natural remedies to help grow back your receding gums. Your gums are not something you should ignore, especially if you are noticing some problems like receding.
This is a very common problem and most of the people who suffer from it do not notice the problem. The reason is that the process is slow and happens gradually. Remember to check your gums if your teeth have become very sensitive. That is one of the first signs. Another indicator is the size of your tooth: if it is larger than before then you need to treat the problem because it is a sign of receding gums. Other symptoms may be:
- Tooth pain/ache
- Larger tooth than before
- Tooth sensitivity
What causes receding gums?
It might be a gum disease, but it can be caused by other reasons such as:
- Periodontal diseases. That means bacterial infection in the gums. They cause damage to the supporting bone of the tooth and the gums, followed by other problems.
- Lack of oral hygiene. If you skip teeth brushing and flossing you might build up plaque on the teeth. That can lead to calculus which is a hard substance which can lead to gum recession.
- Aggressive brushing. It is the complete opposite of brushing teeth on regular basis. If you brush your teeth aggressively then the enamel on your teeth will be destroyed and this will lead to receding gums.
- Sometimes you will blame the genes. In this case, you cannot change a lot about your problem.
Homemade recipes for growing back receding gums
We present you homemade recipes that require only simple ingredients such as herbs and spices.
- Green tea: Green tea has an abundance of health benefits. It is full of antioxidants that fight the free radicals that can cause periodontal disease which can lead to receding gums. One of the antioxidants in green tea is catechins and it helps in destroying any periodontal disease. This antioxidant can strengthen the connection between the gums and teeth. Its anti-inflammatory properties will lower the swelling of the gums that cause oral diseases.
How to use it: Every morning drink 1 cup of green tea.
- Aloe Vera: We present you another ingredient that can help you with your gum problem. It is Aloe Vera and it has many health benefits and most of them are connected with skin problems. The reason is that Aloe Vera has many anti-inflammatory properties and repairing capabilities. In cases of receding gums, Aloe Vera will fight against inflammation and will turn on the cells which are very important for repairing of the tissues. It will prevent other infections, due to its antibacterial properties.
How to use it: Use the gel from Aloe Vera for your gums problem. There are 2 ways. The first one is to use Aloe Vera gel like a mouthwash and for brushing. Once you have flossed and brushed, put some aloe Vera gel and once again brush the gums and teeth. This should last around 3 to 5 minutes. Then rinse your mouth thoroughly.
- Oil pulling: One of the most effective treatments for receding gums is oil pulling. It also helps with other oral diseases and it is mostly known for healing cavities. Sesame oil has many health benefits and anti-inflammatory properties. It can reduce plague buildups and destroy the toxins in your mouth. The sesame oil will form a protective layer over your teeth and it will reduce the chances of plaque building. You can also use this method for improving the absorption of healthy nutrients in your body.
How to use it: Take sesame oil and warm it up. Do not overheat the oil. You only need to warm it. Then brush your teeth and take sesame oil in your mouth. Gargle it and swirl it around your mouth. Do this for a few minutes. If you are not familiar with this process you can start with 30 seconds to 1 minute and once you get used to the procedure increase the time. The goal is 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lemon: Lemons are known for their antiseptic and antibacterial properties. The lemon can stimulate the growth of receding gums. It will also destroy the bad breath. Lemons are acidic and remember that too much of them can destroy the enamel on your teeth. Do not use lemon oil every day. It should be used only one time in week. If you want you can make homemade lemon oil and you will not have to worry about that.
You will need:
– ¼ to ½ cup of olive oil
– ½ to 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
Directions: put the olive oil in a jar and add the lemon juice. Cover and shake it well. Leave the mixture for a couple of weeks. Remember to shake the jar every day. After three to four weeks you can start and use the oil.
How to use it: Apply a little bit of lemon oil on your fingers and massage your gums for a couple of minutes. Do this method not more than 2 times in a week.
Tips for preventing gum recession
- Proper oral hygiene
- No aggressive brushing.
- Use gentle strokes and circular motion.
- Brush along your gum line, do not push the gums.
- Use a brush with a small head and soft bristles.
- The best way to keep good oral hygiene is to floss and brush after every meal. If you are not able to do that then after every meal uses a mouthwash.