This ingredient can even help out with dark spots, bumps, blemishes as well as other skin discoloration types that lead to uneven skin tone.
13. Rose Hip Oil
The cosmetic industry, moisturizers along with hydrating lotions have rose hip oil as it helps smooth, hydrate and soften skin.
In addition to possessing a great scent, concentrated rose hip oil can correct age spots and dark spots which result in skin discoloration .
Rose hip oil is perfect for those with dry skin, as it can restore skin’s moisture.
What you need to do is:
- Apply a proper amount of rose hip oil onto your affected skin
- Use your clean fingers to massage it in circular motions
This oil is also excellent in eradicating wrinkles and fine lines, scars and stretch marks as well.
For people whose skin is easily tanned by the slightest exposure to the sun, potato face pack is their best choice. Eating potatoes will also provide you with some essential vitamins and minerals, such as potassium, vitamin C and fiber, not to mention a natural bleaching agent included. This food could be both a nourishing food and a fantastic mask.
You can use potatoes to nourish your skin from inside out thanks to its copper and vitamin C content. Just a baked potato can offer you about 75% of the copper necessary daily. Copper joins up with vitamin C and zinc in the body to build elastin fibers which support our skin, especially helping fight wrinkles. The enzymes (catecholase) in potatoes help improve healthy skin by decreasing skin discoloration.
Sweet potatoes, on the other hand, give your complexion a health boost. Similar to orange-y/reddish veggies, they are packed with antioxidant beta-carotene. According to studies, beta-carotene can aid in protecting your skin against sun damage by defeating some UV sunlight’s effects. The exposure to UVA has been shown to lead to premature aging, including dark spots and wrinkles. It explains why you see a lot of beta-carotene in many cosmetic products.
Rub your affected skin with cold potato slices which is proven to remove the tan. Leave it there for 20 minutes prior to removing it.
Alternatively, you can also take these steps:
- Mix shredded potato with honey
- Add oatmeal if you have irritated or dry skin
- Add mashed avocado or juiced cucumber into the mixture above
- Apply it to clean, dry skin
- Wait for 20-30 minutes
Or, you can make a potato face wash using a juicer. Then, use a cotton pad or clean cloth to apply before rinsing it off with water. This method will help clean away dirt, oil and bacteria. For extra refreshment, chill the prepared mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so prior to using.
Note: Remember that potatoes could oxidize quickly. So, you should add tad of vinegar or lemon juice to your concoction, then store it in the refrigerator using an air tight container. For those with sensitive skin, avoid going overboard there.
15. Gram Flour
Commonly known as besan, gram flour has been used in Indian beauty routines since long. Especially, it is very helpful in regard to treating sun-damaged skin as it aids in removing dead skin cells and makes your skin bright and young. Also, you can use gram flour powder. Gram flour acts as an incredible exfoliator due to its natural bleaching property.
To create a homemade sun damaged skin treatment, you can combine gram flour with yogurt:
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of gram flour and yogurt together
- Apply the paste over your affected skin
- After 15 minutes, massage gently and wash it off before patting dry
- Repeat this treatment daily for best results
Tomato juice naturally works as a toner to shrink skin pores and decrease the oiliness ofthe skin. It has been an age old treatment to deal with skin ailments, particularly when a person has pale skin which lacks luster. If combined with yogurt, which has lactic acid acting as a natural bleach and moisturizer, the tomato will perform its best use.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of yogurt with the juice of a fresh tomato
- Apply the mixture over your skin
- Wait for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with tepid water
- Repeat this routine once per day for great results
17. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel has chemicals named tannins, so when applied directly to the skin, it can alleviate swelling, repair damaged skin and ward off harmful bacteria.
You can find witch hazel in the liquid extract form that is distilled from bark, dried leaves, and twigs of that plant.
Use a cotton ball to soak in witch hazel (in the liquid form) and place it onto your skin. Remove it after 10 minutes.
18. Olive Oil
Having a plethora of uses, including acting as a natural skin nourisher, olive oil is worth mentioning when it comes to sun damaged skin treatment.
Vitamin E included in olive oil can help you get rid of sun spots easily.
Just simply apply olive oil on your skin once per day, rub it gently like you would do with your moisturizer.
This is a common ingredient used in many beauty products. In Ayurvedic skin regiments, the combination of turmeric and sandalwood is rather powerful, helping skin heal and recover from sunburn. Sandalwood could stimulate the quicker healing process of blisters, diminish pigmentation, unevenness as well as dark spots. Sun-damaged and patchy skin is a form of hyper-pigmentation and sandalwood is a start coming to rescue and deliver serious results thanks to its disinfectant and anti-microbial properties which effectively heals and restores skin’s health.
To get the best result, you can mix sandalwood, lemon juice, green tea and potato juice together as the steps below:
- Mix 10 drops each of fresh lemon juice and potato juice with 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder, followed by some green tea
- Mix them well to have a thick paste
- Use it as a face mask for once or twice per week
- Wash it off after 10 minutes and apply lotion or serum for skin renewal
You can make a paste from almonds to cleanse, scrub and brighten your skin at home.
All you have to do is:
- Soak 5-6 almonds in water. Leave it there overnight
- Blend them with some milk in the next morning
- Before your bedtime, apply the pate over your affected skin
- In the next morning, rinse it off with cold water
- Repeat this routine every day for about 15 minutes, then twice per week
With skin-soothing effects, oatmeal works as a natural exfoliant to help cleanse skin pores. Therefore, using oatmeal powder is really an incredible homemade sun damaged skin treatment.
What you need to do is:
- Mix oatmeal powder with buttermilk
- Rub it over your affected skin to exfoliate and soothe skin
- Make a paste of ground almonds, oatmeal powder, ground dried orange peel and fresh milk.
- Apply this paste over your skin and wait for 30 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
These natural methods on sun damaged skin treatment are not only simple and safe, but also cheap. With more knowledge about sun damaged skin treatment introduced here, you are on your way to restoring the natural beauty of your skin.